Scope of work
Job Description: Project Control Manager (PMC Project)
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Project Control Manager to join our team for a PMC (Project Management Consultancy) project in the oil and gas industry. As the Project Control Manager, you will play a critical role in ensuring effective project planning, monitoring, and control to ensure the successful execution of the project within defined timelines and budgets. The project involves the engineering, procurement, construction, installation, and commissioning (EPC/EPCIC) of facilities related to FLNG (Floating Liquefied Natural Gas), LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas), and FPSO (Floating Production, Storage, and Offloading) systems.
1. Project Planning and Scheduling: Develop and maintain comprehensive project plans, including work breakdown structures, project schedules, and resource allocation plans. Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify project milestones, critical paths, and dependencies.
2. Cost Control and Budget Management: Monitor project costs, track expenses, and analyze variances against the approved budget. Implement effective cost control measures to ensure adherence to the project's financial goals. Provide accurate and timely cost reports to project stakeholders.
3. Risk Management: Identify, assess, and mitigate project risks and develop risk response strategies. Conduct risk analysis and implement appropriate risk management techniques to minimize potential project disruptions.
4. Performance Monitoring and Reporting: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor project progress, quality, and compliance with project specifications. Generate regular project status reports, dashboards, and presentations for project stakeholders, highlighting key achievements, issues, and mitigation plans.
5. Change Management: Evaluate change requests and assess their impact on project scope, schedule, and cost. Develop and implement change control processes to manage changes effectively. Communicate changes to relevant stakeholders and ensure their approval and proper documentation.
6. Communication and Collaboration: Foster effective communication and collaboration among project teams, contractors, and clients. Facilitate project meetings, workshops, and reviews to align project objectives and resolve issues promptly.
7. Documentation Management: Establish a robust document control system to manage project-related documentation, including contracts, drawings, specifications, and reports. Ensure compliance with organizational standards and industry best practices.
8. Team Leadership: Lead and motivate a team of project control professionals. Provide guidance, mentorship, and training to enhance their skills and ensure high-quality project control deliverables.
1. Minimum of 12 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, including extensive experience in FLNG, LNG, and FPSO projects.
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience in project control within EPC/EPCIC projects.
3. Strong knowledge of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques.
4. Proficiency in project planning and scheduling software (e.g., Primavera P6, Microsoft Project).
5. Solid understanding of cost control principles and techniques, including earned value management (EVM).
6. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to identify project risks and propose effective mitigation strategies.
7. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse stakeholders and facilitate effective project communication.
8. Proven leadership abilities to guide and motivate a team of project control professionals.
9. Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, or a related field (advanced degree is a plus).
10. Expat status on the Western continent is preferred.
Contract Duration: The initial contract will be for a period of 12 months.