Scope of work
- Policy Development: Develop, review, and update health, safety, and environmental policies, procedures, and guidelines to align with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Compliance Monitoring: Conduct regular inspections and audits to assess workplace conditions, identify potential hazards, and ensure compliance with applicable health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Risk Assessment and Management: Identify, evaluate, and prioritize workplace hazards, and develop risk mitigation strategies to prevent accidents, injuries, and environmental damage. Implement and monitor controls to minimize risk and ensure compliance.
- Training and Awareness: Develop and deliver training programs and toolbox talks to educate employees on health, safety, and environmental practices. Promote a culture of safety and environmental awareness throughout the organization.
- Incident Investigation: Lead investigations into workplace incidents, accidents, and near misses. Analyze root causes, develop corrective actions, and implement preventive measures to minimize recurrence.
- Emergency Response: Develop emergency response plans, conduct drills, and coordinate response efforts in case of emergencies or disasters. Ensure the availability of appropriate emergency equipment and resources.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Collect, analyze, and interpret health, safety, and environmental data to identify trends, areas of improvement, and performance indicators. Prepare reports for management and regulatory authorities as required.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay updated with relevant health, safety, and environmental legislation and regulations. Ensure organizational compliance and facilitate the necessary permits, licenses, and certifications.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal departments, contractors, regulatory agencies, and other external stakeholders to promote and maintain effective health, safety, and environmental practices.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities for enhancing health, safety, and environmental performance. Implement best practices and innovative approaches to achieve sustainable results.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., NEBOSH, OSHA, ISO 14001) are desirable.
- Proven experience working in a health, safety, and environmental role, preferably in a similar industry.
- Strong knowledge of local and international health, safety, and environmental regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of risk assessment methodologies and safety management systems.
- Ability to conduct thorough incident investigations, root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data for reporting and decision-making purposes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in using relevant software applications for data analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development in the field of health, safety, and environmental management.