Scope of work
CONTRACT DURATIONS: 1 - 3 Years
The main responsibilities are:
• Implement and maintain an ERM framework and supporting policies, standards, guidelines, and processes.
• Coordinate with Corporate to report key risks on a quarterly basis.
• Coordinate and facilitate risk owners, i.e., function groups, division, departments, to thoroughly identify, assess, formulate mitigation plans, and KRIs against objectives, targets, and work program & budgets.
• Follow up, monitor, and review registered corporate risks and progress of mitigations.
• Work with risk owners to conduct risk assessment for 5 risk areas, i.e. strategic planning and management, investment and divestment decisions making, capital project management, operational and business process risk management, and ESG related risk management.
• Monitor, evaluate, and notify status of corporate risks to management team and executive committees, i.e. Malaysia Asset Management Committee (MYMC), and Risk Management Committee (RMC)
• Support Corporate in preparation and facilitating Risk Management Committee (RMC) to ensure effectiveness of the meetings.
• Promote, provide training, and embed awareness, ownership, culture, and culture a mindset for risk management across Malaysia Asset
• Conduct studies, acquire & update risk information for internal and external parties, e.g. risk factors for SET, DJSI, risk analysis for internal control & internal audit, reports for RMC and management.
• Provide consultation and guidance to risk owners in accordance with best practices and standards.
• Collaborate closely with Corporate to enhance implementation and share accurate information to Corporate as requested.
• As provided/assigned by PLS / PLS/G
• Team member in GRC team, PLS/G
• Other potential customers and partners
• Other department managers
JOB END RESULTS:
• Risk assessment, mitigation plans, KRIs at corporate, function group, division, & department levels for annual work
• Program & budgets and key activities, e.g. New Venture, PREP, Strategy Formulation, etc
• Quarterly and monthly risk monitoring report
• Effective ERM framework
• Up-to-date risk data & information
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• University degree (or similar qualification) in Business Administration or Finance, preferably with MBA qualifications.
• Minimum 20-year experience in the upstream petroleum industry, including first-hand experience with strategic planning.
• Familiarity with management accounting for business-performance measurement, setting and revisiting financial and operating targets, identifying key value drivers, and with analysis methods and tools to support business decision-making.
• Experience with Production Sharing Contracts.
• Exposure to oil and gas exploration, development, and production activities in an operating environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Proficient in the English language.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Words, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with the Malaysian upstream petroleum industry.