Scope of work
Our client is looking for a Pre-commissioning Engineer Level II to work within the Pre-commissioning team. The Pre-commissioning Engineer will report to the Pre-commissioning Engineering Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work for self and others.
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed. Recognise and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in DOC-GL-HSE-001, and ensure PUWER and LOLER compliance where applicable.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
- Train / mentor more junior engineers.
- Actively identify more efficient and safer ways of working internally, with sub-contractors and clients. Agree these initiatives with the management chain & implement as required.
- Participate in regular team meetings and collaborate with colleagues within the North Sea & Canada teams, as well as globally.
- Participate in audits and reviews e.g. hazid, hazop, design reviews, audits and make relevant recommendations.
- Understand clients' needs; identify / address design parameters & problems; develop & implement solutions, and produce / review all procedures as required.
- Produce pre-commissioning philosophies / scope of work & supply statements at the start of projects to define the workscope.
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, technical evaluations, budget costing bid evaluations, study reports, subcontract frame agreements and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Work with associated subsea related disciplines and manage the interfaces within a project environment.
- Identify resources required for each project and produce Subsea 7 overall testing schedule.
- Ensure all risk assessments are performed. Witness function testing if required. Oversee onshore testing at 3rd party fabricators as well as subcontractors testing activities.
- Onsite / offshore management of subcontractor at Subsea7 fabrication sites and vessels as required.
- Manage pre-commissioning subcontracts including supporting the raising of purchase orders, tracking of variation orders and approving all final invoices.
Qualifications and Education
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline is essential.
Continuing Professional Development:
Actively participate in the Continuing Professional Development of yourself and others.
Technical (including IT):
Good general IT knowledge is desirable
- The ability to communicate well with other departments, clients and suppliers is essential.
- The ability to work within time/budget constraints and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget is essential.
- The ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects is essential.
- The ability to prioritise own workload and manage time accordingly is essential.
- Previous relevant Pre-Commissioning Engineering experience is essential.
- Experience of managing interfaces within a project structure is essential.
- Experience of working to deadlines and budget constraints is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of change control within a project is essential.