Scope of work
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type: Permanent Role
1. Lead a team of piping engineers, designers and 3D modellers and draftmen; Report to Project Technical Manager or Section Head;.
2. Advise and approve the bidding proposals for tendering projects incl. technical clarifications, etc;
3. Take lead to perform concept design, FEED design, FEED verification or detail design on piping discipline;
4. Manage and approve the piping discipline MDR / Schedule and manpower cost;
5. Review and advise on Piping material specifications, standards, piping material classes, approve the UFD /PFD/PIDs;
6. Review and advise on Piping bulk, valve & specialty items related MTO/RFQ/TBE/PO as well as Supplier documents and drawings;
7. Review and advise on Piping GA and pipe stress analysis and other pipe hydraulic calculations;
8. Attend top management meetings with client and EPC contractor to resolve piping design issues and interface matters;
9. Advise on closeout the actions from design review and safety study workshops, incl. HAZID/HAZOP, 3D model review, material handling review, regulatory compliance workshop, etc;
1. Minimum 8 years marine & offshore design relevant working experiences.
2. Degree or Master holder of mechanical or oil & gas process engineering discipline.
3. Proven experience in conversion and new build of FPSO/FSO/FPU/MOPU hull & marine design at least for 2 to 3 projects.
4. Familiar with classification rules and regulations such as DNV/ABS/BV, etc.
5. Familiar with ASME/API/ISO/MARPOL/NORSOK/NACE / DIN / SOLAS and other international standards for design.
6. Proficient in PipeNET / Flow Master / Caesar II and Navisworks and Aveva Diagram, etc.
7. Excellent communication, coordination and interpersonal skills.
8. Decisive, independent and good attitude.
9. Good capabilities in speaking and writing English and able to speak Mandarin (preferable).
10. Willing to travel regionally and outstation in design office or shipyard (i.e SEA, China, etc.) as and when required by project.