Scope of work
1. KEY OBJECTIVES
• Lead, prepare and provide support on business / project planning and scenario analyses.
• Construct and analyze Economic Models in spreadsheet applications.
• Lead interfaces between the various departments in MY Asset
• Work closely with Corp Office to ensure economic analysis is consistently and thoroughly evaluated during the entire life cycle.
• Consider the commercial and economics impact of business decisions with regards to the Production Sharing Contracts, Joint Operating Agreements, and other key commercial agreements
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Ensure PTTEP’s interests are protected.
• Develop and maintain Production Sharing Contract (PSC) economic models. The models shall be updated to reflect any changes in the Field Development Plans as well as other potential developments.
• Analyze and advise on key performance metrics of all MY Asset projects.
• Work with various departments to prepare and complete economics analysis for long terms plans, budget and etc.
• Evaluate various commercial and conceptual project proposals.
• Manage and develop analysts to be competent in their work requirements.
• Interface with PTTEP Corporate’s Business Development and Planning groups to ensure uniformity and conformity with corporate financial practices are adopted in business undertakings.
3. KEY AUTHORITIES
• Responsible for the economics model in line with the PSC’s and JOA’s fiscal terms.
• Responsible for presentations and communications on economic matters with Internal and External Stakeholders.
4. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the upstream Oil & Gas industry.
• Experience with Production Sharing Contracts, Joint Operating Agreements and Sales Agreements.
• Excellent knowledge of business drivers, including NPV, ROI and ROCE.
• Experience with joint-venture management.
• Strong teamwork, communications, and leadership skills.
• University degree (or similar qualification) in Business Administration or Finance, preferably with MBA qualifications.
• Experience with major oil and gas projects.
• Fluent in oral & written English.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with the Malaysian upstream oil & gas industry.