Scope of work
Roles & Responsibilities
· Be responsible for the progress of the assigned Safety Engineering scopes and for internal and external deliverables in line with the project budget and schedule.
· Be responsible for the technical integrity of all Safety Engineering activities and deliverables for work performed by him/ her through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements relevant to his/ her assigned scope of work.
· Review and provide technical inputs on Safety Engineering related technical matters to interfacing disciplines, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Safety Engineer, during the development of design (3D Layout) on projects for assigned areas.
· Be responsible for and manage the Safety Engineering technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, in coordination with the Lead/ Senior Safety Engineer, for assigned areas to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and to monitor the compliance to Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
· Act as the package responsible engineer for safety, life-saving and firefighting equipment.
· Ensure that that all risks related to his/her area or responsibility are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner.
· Provide the necessary technical support with respect to verification activities by the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
· Represent the Safety Engineering discipline during meetings, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews and be responsible for an effective and timely resolution of identified issues.
· Provide technical support related to Safety Engineering at the fabrication site, whenever required.
· Continuously seeking to improve working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to the Safety Engineering Discipline development and experience transfer
· 5 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (Platforms & FPSOs) serving in the capacity of a Technical Safety Engineer.
· Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Chemical/ Safety Engineering or equivalent engineering specialization
· Work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and/or greenfield projects in the upstream Oil and Gas sector, in a similar role and possess a good understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables, internal and external interfaces.
· Applicant shall possess relevant experience with implementing Safety Design Philosophies and Specifications related to Escape and Emergency Response, Active and Passive Fire Protection, Fire and Gas detection, Design Accidental Loads, Emergency Shutdown and Human Factor Engineering.
· Good experience with developing Safety Engineering Deliverables related to Escape Route Layouts, Firewater Calculations and P & IDs, Fire and Gas Drawings, Hazardous Area, Noise Specification and Flare Radiation.
· Had exposure to supporting the development and implementing of recommendations from third party safety studies and workshops, including HAZID/ENVID, SIL Classifications, Smoke, Gas, Fire and Explosion Risk Analyses, Evacuation Analyses, QRA, ALARP assessments, Fire and Gas Mappings and Noise Studies.
· Applicant shall preferably have had exposure to the UK and European regulatory environments and have an understanding of EU Directives and Industry Standards related to the Safety Engineering discipline.
· Applicant must possess a good understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ISO (International Organization for Standardization), NORSOK, EU Directives and other relevant standards related to Safety Design and Engineering.
· Applicant shall have strong computer literacy in commonly used business software applications such MS Office and shall be familiar in the use of the latest versions of Technical Safety Design and Simulation tools such as Pipenet®, Flaresim ® etc