Scope of work
As a Pipeline Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the execution of onshore and offshore feasibility, conceptual, basic engineering, FEED, detailed design, and EPC/EPCM projects within the Oil & Gas, Refineries, Petrochemical, Chemical, and related industries. Working under the guidance of Lead/Senior engineers, the Pipeline Engineer will contribute to the development of pipeline designs, material specifications, calculations, and analysis. This position requires a strong commitment to quality, collaboration, and adherence to international engineering codes and standards.
- Perform technical tasks assigned by Lead/Senior engineer on onshore and offshore feasibility, conceptual, basic engineering, FEED, detailed design and EPC/ EPCM projects.
- Ensure the technical quality and accuracy of the work produced and the assigned tasks are completed on time.
- Liaise with other departments, clients, vendors, subcontractors and third parties as per Lead Engineer’s instruction.
- Participate in inter-disciplines, project, client and vendor meetings when requested by the Lead Engineer.
- The Primary involvement in a typical project includes:
- Develop pipeline design basis
- Prepare pipeline material, coating, testing and installation specifications.
- Prepare pipeline material requisition, perform technical bid evaluation/ analysis and vendor data review.
- Perform pipelines mechanical calculations including line pipes and bend material grade and wall thickness; buckling check; curvature; spanning, VIV and expansion calculations.
- Perform pipeline on-bottom stability analysis; riser and expansion spool stress analysis.
- Perform pipeline crossing and external corrosion protection design.
- Perform pipeline route selection, trenching/ backfilling and crossing design.
- Perform pipeline material and internal and external corrosion study/ design.
- Perform pipeline installation analysis/ study.
- Provide material take off and bill of materials.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering; Chemical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Civil/ Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum Level-I Professional Engineering licence from the Council of Engineers of Thailand (if any).
- Zero (0) to three (3) years’ experience in pipeline engineering design in the Oil & Gas, Refineries, Petrochemical, Chemical and related industries.
- Self-motivated, good attitude and willing to take responsibility
- Conversant with international codes and standards – ANSI, ASME, API & DNV.
- Competent user of pipeline engineering software – AutoPipe, AGA & Offpipe.
- Experience in flexible pipes and umbilicals is an advantage.