Scope of work
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type: Permanent Role
1. Understands the principles, specifications, and requirements of project.
2. Prepares and reviews topside module and hull structure drawings, layouts, specifications, and other engineering data, using engineering common network, software and tools for structural design.
3. Prepares detailed calculations, analysis, and solutions for structural design to deliver safe, secure, and fully functional facilities based on the customer’s safety and reliability standards with supervision from senior team members.
4. Generates reports on work progress and submits to team lead for review.
5. Coordinates with other engineering team members, subcontractors and consultants on technical issues and design solutions in meeting project deliverables.
6. Participates in project meeting, attends to basic technical queries and issues related to structural design and reviews the deliverables.
7. Performs technical studies in cooperation with production team members and subcontractors to develop interfaces for systems, sub-systems in structural design.
8. Liaises with owners, statutory and classification authorities for design compliance review and approval on the proposed project plans in meeting project requirements.
9. Works with procurement team in complying with the project technical requirement specifications.
10. Ensures all engineering designs, technical drawings and appropriate standards used are properly documented.
11. Contributes to project planning and ensures projects are delivered within program and budget.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture/ Structural Engineering/ or related engineering disciplines
2. Minimum 3 years of working experience in the area of basic and detailed structural design in Shipbuilding, Marine & Offshore and Oil & Gas, Offshore Wind Farm industry, etc.
3. Experience in a wide range of shipbuilding and marine & offshore structures (e.g. self-elevating units, column stabilized units, surface type units, new build or conversion FPSO /FPU hull and topside design).
4. Familiar with design standards of DNV/CCS/ABS/API/AISC, etc.
5. Proficient in AUTOCAD & MS Office.
6. Proficient in FEM analysis and familiar with FEM analysis software, i.e. FEMAP, Sesam GenniE, ANSYS, SACS, etc.
7. Excellent communication, coordination and interpersonal skills.
8. Good capabilities in speaking and writing English.
9. Able to communicate in Mandarin and Bahasa Indonesia will be great (To China Shipyard and Indonesia Client).
10. Willing to travel regionally (i.e. SEA, China, etc.)