Scope of work
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Support various engineering Automation initiatives within Engineering Function using OrcaFlex Python API related to riser configuration optimization, riser global analysis automations, installation analysis (flexible product installation and structure installation), and data processing of recorded vessel motion data.
- Manage relevant interfaces within the group (Digitalization, Offshore Resources, Pipeline Groups, etc.) and externals.
- Support riser design and installation analysis works in GPC & AP projects and tenders to identify the area of automation need and follow-up the implementation of new tools.
- Organize the roll out and training of the tool within the discipline and follow-up on the implementation of the tool. Perform gap analysis for any under-performing area of the tool and identify the area of improvement.
- Advanced skill in OrcaFlex software with strong knowledge of OrcaFlex programming interface (OrcFxAPI) able to create a model, create customized pre-processing / post-processing scripts, and manipulate the output data in different format (e.g. csv, json).
- Strong programming skill in Python and usage of standard libraries.
- Experienced in developing the python tools from scratch.
Interest for riser design analysis and installation analysis works.
- Understanding of offshore installation, riser design, flexibles pipe, umbilical, mooring, hydrodynamics is desirable.
- Your autonomy, capacity to coordinate and communicate are key assets to succeed at this position