Scope of work
Job Description: Project Procurement Manager (PMC Project)
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Project Procurement Manager to join our team for a PMC (Project Management Consultancy) project in the oil and gas industry. As the Project Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for managing all procurement activities, ensuring timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods, services, and equipment for the project. The project involves the engineering, procurement, construction, installation, and commissioning (EPC/EPCIC) of facilities related to FLNG (Floating Liquefied Natural Gas), LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas), and FPSO (Floating Production, Storage, and Offloading) systems.
1. Procurement Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive procurement strategy aligned with project goals and requirements. Identify potential suppliers, evaluate their capabilities, and establish strategic partnerships to optimize the procurement process.
2. Bid Management: Prepare and issue tender packages, manage bid evaluations, and negotiate commercial terms and conditions with suppliers. Ensure compliance with project specifications, quality standards, and budgetary constraints.
3. Supplier Selection and Evaluation: Conduct pre-qualification assessments of potential suppliers, including technical and commercial evaluations. Evaluate supplier performance, track delivery schedules, and monitor quality to ensure adherence to project requirements.
4. Contract Negotiation and Management: Negotiate favorable terms and conditions with suppliers, including pricing, delivery schedules, and payment terms. Develop and manage contracts, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Monitor and enforce contract performance and resolve any contractual disputes.
5. Supply Chain Management: Optimize the supply chain process by coordinating with project teams, engineering, logistics, and quality assurance. Ensure timely availability of materials and equipment to meet project milestones and deliverables.
6. Risk Management: Identify potential procurement risks and develop risk mitigation strategies. Monitor market trends, assess supplier capacities, and implement contingency plans to minimize disruptions to the procurement process.
7. Cost Control and Budget Management: Monitor procurement costs, track expenses, and analyze variances against the approved budget. Implement cost control measures, negotiate competitive pricing, and identify opportunities for cost savings without compromising quality or project requirements.
8. Compliance and Documentation: Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards. Maintain accurate procurement records, documentation, and reports, including supplier performance evaluations and contract summaries.
9. Stakeholder Communication: Collaborate with project teams, clients, and suppliers to facilitate effective communication and foster strong working relationships. Provide regular updates on procurement activities, progress, and challenges to project stakeholders.
1. Minimum of 12 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, including extensive experience in FLNG, LNG, and FPSO projects.
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement within EPC/EPCIC projects.
3. Strong knowledge of procurement principles, processes, and best practices in the oil and gas industry.
4. Familiarity with Western continent procurement laws, regulations, and customs.
5. Experience in managing procurement activities for international suppliers and contractors.
6. Proficiency in procurement software and tools.
7. Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
8. Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
9. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with diverse stakeholders.
10. Bachelor's degree in engineering, supply chain management, business administration, or a related field (advanced degree is a plus).
11. Expat status on the Western continent is preferred.
Contract Duration: The initial contract will be for a period of 12 months.