Scope of work
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type: Permanent Role
1. To lead a team of mechanical/HVAC design engineers, designers and 3D modellers.
2. Participate in bidding support for tendering projects incl. technical clarifications, etc.
3. Take lead to perform concept design, FEED design, FEED verification or detail design on mechanical discipline.
4. Review and approve of mechanical and HVAC system for offshore hull and marine application.
5. Ensure all engineering designs, documents and drawings are comply with the client and project specifications, class requirements, local government regulatory compliance and applicable international standards.
6. Review and approve mechanical calculations for hull and marine mechanical and HVAC equipment as required.
7. Review and approve equipment specifications and datasheets for procurement.
8. Review and approve vendor equipment technical proposal and technical bid evaluation (TBE) and selection of equipment.
9. Take lead to carry out equipment layout and equipment material handling study.
10. Review and approve equipment layout and 3D modelling.
11. Review and approve equipment vendor certified documents (VCD) for design.
12. Attend meetings with client and EPC contractor to resolve design issues and interface matters.
13. Participate in design review and safety study workshop meeting, incl. HAZID/HAZOP, 3D model review, regulatory compliance workshop, etc.
14. Co-ordinate externally and internally with other disciplines on design development, resolve design and interface related issues.
15. Co-ordinate with project management department to ensure that all mechanical/HVAC design deliverables are issued in accordance with the plan project schedule.
16. Co-ordinate with project management department for scope changes and variations.
17. Attend to shipyard/vendor site for engineering site support and resolve design related issues.
1. Minimum 8 to 10 years marine & offshore design relevant working experiences.
2. Degree or Master holder of mechanical engineering discipline.
3. Experienced in conversion and new build of FPSO/FSO/FPU/MOPU hull & marine design at least for 2 to 3 projects.
4. Familiar with classification rules and regulations such as DNV/ABS/BV, etc.
5. Familiar with ASME/API/ISO/MARPOL and other international standards for design.
6. Familiar with the marine/HVAC equipment for marine & offshore application.
7. Familiar with the shipyard fabrication, equipment lifting and construction sequences.
8. Proficient in AutoCAD & MS Office Word and Excel, powerpoint, etc.
9. Proficient in Navisworks and E3D/Aveva marine 3D modelling, Aveva Diagram, etc. software.
10. Excellent communication, coordination and interpersonal skills.
11. Decisive, independent and good attitude.
12. Good capabilities in speaking and writing English and able to speak Mandarin (preferable).
13. Willing to travel regionally and outstation in design office or shipyard (i.e SEA, China, etc.) as and when required by project.