Scope of work
This position will report to Lead Pipeline Engineer
Key interactions (internally, externally):
• Pipeline team
• Inter disciplinary interfaces
• Project team
• Client interaction, if required
Typical background, qualifications and experience required:
Qualifications & Experience:
• Engineering degree qualified – preferably Pipeline / Mechanical / Civil Engineering.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in offshore / subsea pipeline engineering (FEED / detailed design) in the oil and gas industry and should have executed 2 pipeline projects according to LRFD design (DNV-OS-F101) as pipeline engineer.
• Hands-on experience in pipeline design software – DNV-ST-F-101 spreadsheet, AGA, DNV Stablelines, Offpipe, Sage profile, Autopipe, Fatfree, and Mathcad and Excel.
• Experience in pipeline design – pipeline design basis, wall thickness design, on-bottom stability design, coating selection, cathodic protection design, global buckling and walking analysis (optional), free span and on-bottom roughness analysis, crossing design, shore approach design, riser & expansion spool design and installation analysis, and onshore pipeline design.
• Experience in reviewing pipeline field layout, approaches, alignment, riser / spool GA, and other pipeline drawings.
• Familiar with pipeline design codes – ASME, API, DNV, ISO etc.
• Familiar with project management activities and experience in EPC scope definition (optional).
• Experience in preparing pipeline material datasheets and MTO
The job holder must have proven:
• Strong technical and problem solving skills.
• High degree of initiative and motivation combined with ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation).
• Ability to develop good client relationship (preferable).
• Understand the technical data and discipline work instructions
• Follow project management instructions to ensure completion of project is in accordance with project requirements, relevant laws, regulations and codes.
• Prepares schedules for applicable engineering activities.
• Develops and analyses engineering solutions to specific job requirements.
• Prepares and checks equipment/material specifications / data sheets.
• Prepares and checks calculations, where necessary.
• Liaises with other disciplines for applicable engineering interfaces.
• Participates in engineering co-ordination / progress meetings, and ensures corrective actions are taken when necessary.
• Must be able to liaise with other project personnel of various cultures and ethnicities
• Participates in safety and design review meeting, where necessary.