Scope of work
1. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Senior Engineer, Civil (Site Preparation) shall be responsible for the Project Execution covering EPCC Phases from CFT development, Tendering execution, Detailed engineering and Construction execution.
The Senior Engineer, Civil (Site Preparation) shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the followings:
• Lead and supervise Civil/ Site Preparation works of Onshore Gas Plant #2, including verification of site survey, soil investigation survey, soil lab test, engineering reviews, and approval of deliverables from contractors and vendors.
• Ensure that Civil/ Site Preparation works are completed in accordance with the applicable contract(s), specifications, design codes, standards, law and regulations, Project Quality and HSE plans during FEED and Site Preparation Work execution.
• Develop Tender requirements in the responsible discipline and ensure all scopes are fully captured as Contract requirements for the subsequent stage, including assisting the Tendering team in conducting the tendering process until award.
• Participate in EPCC bidding process including prepare/review scope of Civil/ Site Preparation works, support tender clarification, tender evaluation and assist bidding activities until award.
• Resolve relevant technical issues, technical queries, deviations, and discrepancies among relevant engineering deliverables.
• Review and supervise Contractors for project plans, schedules and execution plan to guide the construction process and ensure all project milestones are met.
• Coordinate and communicate with other disciplines as a Civil Discipline (Site Preparation) Focal Point.
• Contribute to technical review sessions such as HAZID, ALARP, Constructability, Project Technical Review (PTR), etc., as a Civil Discipline (Site Preparation) Focal Point.
• Monitor and resolve all civil engineering issues surfaced at job sites expeditiously for smooth completion of site preparation work.
• Ensure correct as-built mark-ups for its discipline and coordinate with design contractors to update the As-built design package and ensure smooth hand-over of the final document package.
2. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field.
• Master’s degree in civil is advantage but not necessary.
• A professional certificate by accredited Bodies/ Associations is an advantage but not necessary.
Desired Competency (Skills and Abilities)
• Experienced in site preparation work to get a construction site ready, blasting, test drilling, landfilling, leveling, earth-moving, rock excavating, land drainage and other types of land preparation especially on hilly area and have extensive knowledge of hydrology.
• Must have extensive knowledge of Civil, Steel Structural, Soil mechanic, Hydrology engineering, Earthwork design, Soil stabilization, and Foundation systems. Also has knowledge in underground services drawing and drainage system.
• Familiar and expertise with civil / structural analysis software including Earth works and Hydrology software such that 12D, TUFLOW and AUTO DESK CIVL 3D is an advantage.
• Familiar with international codes and standards related to civil engineering commonly accepted in the oil and gas industry including to related local regulations for Site Preparation Work is an advantage.
• Good verbal communication, coordination and organizing skills with ability to work with minimal supervision and liaise effectively and efficiently with other team members within / outside Department.
• Stakeholder Management skills - Proven ability to build strong working relationship with internal and external parties.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Onshore Site Preparation Work of gas plant and/or Petrochemical and/or Refinery industry and/or major infrastructure/ building construction projects with proven track record in Site construction and Projects management & execution.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in the onshore construction field as a field civil engineer or in a higher position is required.
• Previous experience Site Preparation Work execution for Onshore gas plant, petrochemical, or refinery projects of similar scale to Onshore Gas Plant #2 is considered an advantage.
• Experience as a Company Site Representative and/or field engineer during site construction for major projects is preferable.
• Proficient in site survey, soil investigation survey, and soil lab test is preferable Additional Desirable Qualifications
• Experience in CFT development, Tendering execution, Detailed engineering, Construction, Installation, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up projects of Onshore gas plant/refinery/petrochemical plant is advantage.
• Experiences in executed any project in Sarawak area is advantage.