Scope of work
As a Senior/Lead Process Safety Engineer at our client company, you will play a critical role in ensuring the safe design, operation, and maintenance of our FLNG, FSRU, and FPSO vessels. You will lead process safety efforts, provide technical expertise, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate process safety risks throughout the project lifecycle.
1. **Process Safety Leadership:** Lead and guide a team of process safety engineers, ensuring compliance with international standards and best practices in shipbuilding process safety.
2. **Risk Assessment:** Conduct thorough process hazard analysis (PHA), hazard and operability studies (HAZOP), safety integrity level (SIL) assessments, and other risk assessment activities to identify potential hazards and risks associated with our vessels.
3. **Safety Design:** Collaborate with the design and engineering teams to incorporate safety principles into vessel design, ensuring that safety measures are an integral part of the vessel's layout and operation.
4. **Regulatory Compliance:** Stay updated with international maritime regulations, standards, and industry guidelines related to process safety and ensure compliance throughout the project.
5. **Safety Documentation:** Develop and maintain safety documentation, including safety cases, safety reports, and emergency response plans, in alignment with industry requirements.
6. **Safety Training:** Organize and provide training to personnel on safety procedures, emergency response protocols, and the safe operation of FLNG, FSRU, and FPSO vessels.
7. **Incident Investigation:** Lead or assist in incident investigations, root cause analysis, and the development of corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence.
8. **Safety Auditing:** Conduct safety audits and inspections of vessel operations and facilities to identify non-compliance issues and recommend corrective actions.
9. **Continuous Improvement:** Drive a culture of continuous improvement in process safety performance by identifying opportunities for enhancement and innovation.
10. **Communication:** Collaborate with internal stakeholders, clients, and regulatory bodies to communicate process safety requirements and maintain strong working relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in process safety engineering, with a significant portion of that experience in shipbuilding, particularly in FLNG, FSRU, or FPSO projects.
- In-depth knowledge of international maritime safety regulations and standards.
- Proficiency in process safety analysis tools and software.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of Thai is a plus.