Scope of work
We are seeking an experienced Lead/Senior Process Engineer to join our offshore and onshore project team. The Lead/Senior Process Engineer will play a crucial role in providing process engineering expertise for our projects in the oil and gas industry, with a focus on FLNG (Floating Liquefied Natural Gas), LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas), and FPSO (Floating Production, Storage, and Offloading) facilities. The ideal candidate should have significant experience in FLNG/LNG/FPSO projects, and experience in EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) or EPCIC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation, and Commissioning) contracts is highly desirable.
1. Process Design: Lead and participate in the development of process designs for offshore and onshore facilities, ensuring compliance with industry standards, regulations, and project specifications.
2. Technical Expertise: Provide expert guidance on process engineering matters, including process simulations, mass and energy balances, PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams), P&IDs (Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams), and HMBs (Heat and Material Balances).
3. Safety and Environmental Compliance: Ensure that process designs adhere to safety, environmental, and HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) regulations, including risk assessments and safety studies (e.g., HAZOP, HAZID).
4. Equipment Selection: Participate in the selection and specification of process equipment, such as pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, and separators.
5. Process Optimization: Continuously evaluate and optimize process operations to improve efficiency, minimize energy consumption, and reduce environmental impact.
6. EPC/EPCIC Coordination: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including engineers, designers, and procurement specialists, to ensure the integration of process engineering with other project disciplines.
7. Technical Reviews: Conduct technical reviews of process designs, calculations, and deliverables to ensure accuracy and compliance with project requirements.
8. Start-up and Commissioning: Participate in start-up and commissioning activities, including the development of pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures, and ensure a smooth transition to operations.
9. Change Management: Manage changes to process designs, evaluate their impact on project cost and schedule, and implement changes efficiently.
10. Documentation: Maintain comprehensive documentation of process engineering activities, including design reports, technical specifications, and calculations.
11. Mentorship: Mentor and guide junior process engineers, fostering their professional development.
1. Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
2. Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in process engineering for FLNG/LNG/FPSO projects.
3. Experience in EPC or EPCIC contracts is highly advantageous.
4. Proficiency in process simulation software (e.g., HYSYS, Aspen Plus) and engineering design tools.
5. Strong knowledge of safety, environmental, and HSE regulations in the oil and gas industry.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Problem-solving abilities and the capacity to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
8. Proficiency in English (both written and spoken).
9. Knowledge of Thai regulations and standards is a plus.