Scope of work
Senior Mechanical Static Engineer (Onshore LNG Plant)
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: 6 months during FEED (Front-End Engineering Design), with potential extension to 3 years if FID (Final Investment Decision) is made to proceed with the EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) phase.
1. Provide expertise and guidance as a Senior Mechanical Static Engineer in the development and execution of a PMC (Project Management Consultancy) project related to an onshore LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) plant.
2. Collaborate with the project team, including clients, contractors, and other engineering disciplines, to ensure effective planning and execution of mechanical static engineering activities.
3. Review and evaluate project specifications, design drawings, and technical documents to ensure compliance with industry standards, codes, and regulations.
4. Conduct feasibility studies, conceptual designs, and technical evaluations of mechanical static equipment and systems for the LNG plant.
5. Participate in the development of engineering deliverables, such as equipment datasheets, specifications, calculations, and material requisitions, ensuring accuracy and quality.
6. Provide technical support during bid evaluations, vendor selection, and procurement activities related to mechanical static equipment.
7. Perform design reviews, risk assessments, and technical audits to identify potential issues and recommend appropriate mitigation measures.
8. Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to ensure proper integration of mechanical static equipment and systems with other plant components.
9. Monitor project progress, identify deviations, and provide timely recommendations for corrective actions to ensure adherence to project schedules, budgets, and quality standards.
10. Support the preparation of project reports, technical presentations, and documentation required for regulatory compliance and client approvals.
1. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Advanced degrees are a plus.
2. Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in EPC projects, preferably in shipbuilding projects like FLNG (Floating LNG), FSRU (Floating Storage Regasification Unit), or FPSO (Floating Production, Storage, and Offloading) vessels.
3. Strong expertise in mechanical static equipment and systems design, including but not limited to pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks, pumps, and piping.
4. In-depth knowledge of industry standards and codes such as ASME, API, and relevant LNG codes and standards.
5. Experience in conducting technical evaluations, feasibility studies, and risk assessments for mechanical static equipment and systems.
6. Proficiency in using engineering software and tools relevant to mechanical static engineering.
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with project stakeholders and team members.
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet project deadlines.
9. Familiarity with Indonesian regulations and local requirements for onshore LNG projects is desirable.
10. Professional certifications or memberships related to mechanical engineering or LNG industry are advantageous.