Scope of work
We are seeking a talented and motivated Structural Designer with specific experience in FPSO (Floating Production, Storage, and Offloading) projects. The Structural Designer will work closely with the engineering team to assist in the design and development of structural components for FPSO structures. This role offers an excellent opportunity for growth and development in the field of offshore engineering.
1. Collaborate with senior designers and engineers to develop detailed design specifications and requirements for FPSO structural components.
2. Assist in the creation of 2D and 3D models using computer-aided design (CAD) software, adhering to project guidelines and industry standards.
3. Contribute to the development and modification of structural designs, including hulls, decks, modules, supports, and other relevant components.
4. Support the drafting team in producing accurate and detailed structural drawings based on design specifications and engineering calculations.
5. Conduct basic structural calculations and analyses under the guidance of senior engineers, ensuring compliance with industry standards and safety regulations.
6. Assist in the review and interpretation of technical drawings, design documents, and specifications related to FPSO structures.
7. Collaborate with other disciplines, such as mechanical, electrical, and piping, to ensure effective coordination and integration of design elements.
8. Participate in design review meetings, providing input and suggestions to optimize designs for cost-effectiveness, constructability, and performance.
9. Perform quality checks on drafted drawings and models to ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to standards.
10. Stay updated with industry trends, advancements, and best practices related to structural design and FPSO construction.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent certification in civil engineering, structural engineering, or a related field.
2. Min. 3 years in structural design, preferably with exposure to FPSO projects.
3. Proficiency in using CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or similar) for 2D and 3D modeling.
4. Basic knowledge of structural engineering principles, construction techniques, and materials commonly used in FPSO projects.
5. Familiarity with industry standards and codes such as ABS, DNV, API, and ISO, relevant to offshore structures and FPSOs.
6. Strong attention to detail and a commitment to producing accurate and error-free designs and drawings.
7. Good communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and convey ideas and information.
8. Basic problem-solving abilities, with the eagerness to learn and develop new skills in structural design.
9. Ability to work in a team environment, adapt to changing priorities, and manage multiple tasks effectively.
10. Familiarity with computer-aided engineering (CAE) software and structural analysis tools is a plus.