Scope of work
• Support the Head of Procurement and Contracts Section in reviewing
agreements/contracts and in negotiations and consultation of other matters including
procurement technical clarification as procurement pre-award activities, and procurement
post-award issues, where necessary.
• Provide risk assessment and legal impact of business decisions regarding procurement
contracts and other related agreements.
• Ensure that all agreements and contracts entered by the company are on the best possible terms
for the company.
1. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To ensure the company’s interests are protected in legal Contract formulation and negotiations in
the contracts or related agreements.
• To ensure the Management Team and Contract holder are fully briefed on the legal
implications of the terms of the agreements.
• Responsible for the review of contracts/agreements entered by the company.
• Responsible for presentations and communications with partners where
• Responsible for insurance arrangements where necessary.
2. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Mandatory
• Minimum 10 years’ experience (post admission to the Malaysian Bar).
• Must be analytical and able to work independently.
• A team player, communications, and leadership skills.
• Possess good negotiation skills.
• Fluent in oral & written English.
• Experienced in oil and gas industry is preferred.
• Familiar with oil & gas/upstream procurement contracts.
• Familiar with the Malaysian upstream oil & gas industry.
• Proven teamwork, communication, and leadership skills.