Scope of work
Senior Mechanical Rotating Engineer (PMC Project)
We are seeking a highly experienced Senior Mechanical Rotating Engineer to join our team for a PMC (Project Management Consultancy) project in Jakarta. The project involves the development of an Onshore LNG Plant, and the successful candidate will play a crucial role in providing technical expertise and guidance in the mechanical rotating engineering discipline. The initial engagement will be for 6 months during the FEED (Front End Engineering Design) phase, with the possibility of extending to 3 years if the project proceeds to the EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) phase after FID (Final Investment Decision).
1. Provide technical leadership and support in the area of mechanical rotating equipment engineering for the Onshore LNG Plant project.
2. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop project specifications, standards, and design guidelines for rotating equipment.
3. Review and evaluate engineering deliverables, including specifications, drawings, datasheets, and calculations related to mechanical rotating equipment.
4. Ensure compliance with industry standards, codes, and regulations in the design, selection, installation, and operation of rotating equipment.
5. Perform technical evaluations and assessments of rotating equipment vendors and suppliers.
6. Participate in design and hazard reviews, including HAZOP (Hazard and Operability) and SIL (Safety Integrity Level) studies.
7. Provide input and support during the procurement and construction phases to ensure successful implementation of the mechanical rotating equipment.
8. Collaborate with the project team to develop project schedules, budgets, and cost estimates related to rotating equipment engineering activities.
9. Mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers within the team, fostering knowledge transfer and professional development.
10. Stay up-to-date with industry advancements, emerging technologies, and best practices in mechanical rotating equipment engineering.
1. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
2. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in EPC projects, preferably with exposure to shipbuilding projects such as FLNG (Floating Liquefied Natural Gas), FSRU (Floating Storage and Regasification Unit), or FPSO (Floating Production Storage and Offloading).
3. Strong knowledge and experience in the design, selection, installation, and operation of mechanical rotating equipment, including pumps, compressors, turbines, and associated systems.
4. Familiarity with industry codes and standards related to rotating equipment, such as API (American Petroleum Institute) standards and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) guidelines.
5. Proficiency in engineering software and tools commonly used in mechanical rotating equipment design and analysis.
6. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate complex technical issues and propose effective solutions.
7. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams, clients, and stakeholders.
8. Prior experience in a PMC role or project management environment is highly desirable.
9. Willingness to travel to the project site and work on-site as required.
- Initial engagement: 6 months during the FEED phase.
- Possibility of extension to 3 years if the project proceeds to the EPC phase after FID.