Scope of work
- Provide full support to ensure projects are delivered within time, to budget and to the required quality.
- Develop conceptual designs with respect to key equipment requirements and required technology needs, while working with internal and external specialists
- Design and specify E&I Engineering for new projects with the responsible engineer for the project.
- Responsible for checking and approval of third party design work & documents to ensure compliance to standards.
- Provide E&I Engineering cost estimates to Project Managers. Ensure all related information is suitably documented and updated.
- Organize risk assessments and safety studies of designs. Support construction activities to ensure the project is delivered as per the design.
- Prepare test plans, procedures and functional progress reports to ensure on time delivery of plant E&I completion.
- Actively supports the commissioning team and start-up activities through to handover to end user
- Develops and implementation of Engineering Best Practices throughout the region.
- Delivers functional engineering in line with the Global Project Framework
- Ensures all engineering work meets the required company standards and statutory compliance.
- Proposes best available technology that will aid cost reduction, improvement in production quality, reduction of energy and total asset life cycle costs
- Conduct process safety reviews for plant operation.
- Management of Change (MOC) projects and new projects
- Drive equipment reliability and availability reviews to maximize equipment utilization
- Endorse equipment operating parameters, limits and engineering controls for safe and optimum operating conditions
- Endorse new versus rebuilt equipment, existing versus new technologies and labor versus automation to achieve best value engineering solutions
- Endorse recommendations for equipment efficiency improvements Strategise the use of data analytics across the plant and derive actionable insights for alternative engineering solutions
2. Expected Deliverable
- Defines the E&I requirements needed for the project.
- Leads the E&I team to ensure their deliverables are met to the required standards of SHE and Quality.
- Drives their own functional area whilst working with the project leadership team to execute projects according to Project Execution Plan
- Provide full support to ensure projects are delivered within time, to budget and to the required quality
3. Minimum Requirements
- Degree in Electrical & Electronic/Instrumentation engineering or equivalent with minimum 5 to 8 years’ experience in related field.
- Chartered Engineer or Accredited from a recognized independent body/institute.
- Practitioner level competency in use of relevant international engineering codes and standards such as IEC, NEC, NFPA, ATEX, MS, GB etc. and relevant industry best practices