Scope of work
- Reporting to the Flow Assurance Study Manager, the position will be to provide Flow Assurance analysis and related technical support in the frame of project ranging from Conceptual to Detailed design. The engineer will be part of the flow assurance team based in Kuala Lumpur and may be working with other Genesis office globally.
- The engineer should be able to operate independently in performing flow assurance studies and writing up results/reports, requiring some, but not intensive, input and support from the team leader. Experience with OLGA is a necessity for this role.
- The work performed will be varied and activities include front end conceptual studies, detailed design and operational support activities. The role will be to perform the flow assurance analysis to identify optimal solutions based on client drivers and be able to efficiently communicate these solutions through calculations, technical reports and presentations.
- The engineer will be required to work as part of a team and assist with marketing and business development activities.
- Wider process engineering skills would be an advantage.
- To perform and develop Flow Assurance scope of work, including model development and results analysis.
- To be responsible for the content and quality of Flow Assurance work within the discipline
- To produce process/ flow assurance deliverables under the direction/supervision of a Lead/Principal Engineer.
- Perform design calculations and assisting in the performance of Engineering and Field Development studies.
- Ensures completion of safe and operable design in accordance with Genesis and project requirements, relevant laws, regulations and codes.
- Communicates regularly with Study Manager to ensure objectives are being met in a timely manner.
- Liaises with other disciplines for applicable engineering interfaces.
- Develops engineering solutions to specific project requirements.
- Performs simulation of selected cases as defined.
- Undertakes calculations in accordance with Genesis and project quality requirements.
- Participates in flow assurance business development activities to support other
- Participates in engineering co-ordination meetings.
- Participates in Project presentations to communicate results.
- Participates in safety and design review meetings, where necessary.
- Participates in Genesis global flow assurance team knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Supports team leader and performs all reasonable job tasks required by supervisor.
• Engineering Degree qualified – preferably chemical, mechanical petroleum
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in process and flow assurance
• Minimum 5 process / flow assurance projects completed.
• Good understanding of fluid dynamics and fluid characteristics
• Knowledge of thermodynamic fluid properties & phase behavior
• Good understanding of separator, compressor, pump, heat exchanger, safety valve
• Understanding of key flow assurance related issues; hydrate, wax, scale, corrosion,
asphaltene, liquid management
• Good flow assurance modelling experience using OLGA, Pipesim and PVTsim, Pipenet
• Good process modelling experience using HYSYS, Flarenet, Flaresim would be an
• Able to deliver project deliverable including operational philosophies and system
• Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
• High degree of initiative and motivation combined with ability to work as part of a
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Multi-discipline understanding is essential.
• Ability to develop good client relationship (preferable)
• Strong computational skills. Ability to learn new software packages.
• Full command of English language, verbally and written.
• Good report writing skills.
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly and apply knowledge effectively.