Scope of work
• Plan and assign department manpower resources against current and expected workload to ensure engineering deliverables are delivered as per the agreed planning package.
• Lead discipline team, manage and ensure quality of Process engineering work and deliverables, and adhere to project schedule.
• Initiate, define scope and assign all Process engineering activities to team members to ensure the team members are very clear of the team’s objectives.
• Review Process engineering design deliverables, e.g. Calculations, reports, data sheets/input to data sheets and specifications, drawings, etc. before issuance to stakeholders; to ensure the information is correct.
• Identify and lead suitable initiatives that will improve the section’s efficiency.
• Lead Process engineering team to provide input to documents and drawings from other disciplines during interface checks, design development and technical discussions to ensure clash free design.
• Provide support in engineering related matters to Project/Procurement Subcontracting Department to ensure the job is outsourced to a competent supplier service provider.
• Manage and supervise Engineering Consultant on design engineering deliverables when the engineering work is outsourced to an external parties to ensure the quality, schedule and cost objectives are met.
• Review information on engineering related matters to ensure comprehensive and accurate information is incorporated in a bidding proposal.
• Facilitate and participate in safety initiatives/events to inculcate and encourage a safety mind set among team members/employees
• Lead Process engineering team to carry out vendor data review (VDR) and incorporation (VDI) and ensure timely project completion.
• Attend meetings with Clients, Consultants, Contractors and Vendors as necessary.
• Coach and mentor Senior / Lead Process engineers.
• Provide guidance and technical advice to team members to minimize errors in engineering deliverables.
• Interview and recruit engineers to fulfil Department manpower requirement.
• Fully support the implementation of ISO 9001:2008 system of the company.
QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS:
• Possess a Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university by the Board of Engineering Malaysia.
• Registered the Board of Engineers, Malaysia. Being a registered Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate will be an added advantage.
Minimum 15 years’ engineering design experience in similar capacity, handling projects for offshore and onshore Oil & Gas facilities and at least 7 years’ experience in Manager / Team Leader position. Possess project experiences in various type of contracts such EPIC, EPCC, PCC and PC will be an added advantage.
• Possess strong analytical skills.
• Well-verse in relevant international design codes, Petronas Standards and Standard of International Oil Companies or certification bodies.
• Possess knowledge in relevant Process engineering technical software.
• Possess good interpersonal skills and communication skills and able to liase with various stakeholders, internally and externally.
• Strong command of written and spoken English.
• Possess good quality of leadership and passion in managing a team
• Possess attitude to attention to details
• Good in resource planning and able to work under tight schedule and limited resources
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
• Set clear directions and targets for others
• Respect and be sensitive towards cultural differences and the needs of others
• Able to put forward clear arguments.
• Understand key business drivers
• Analyze and identify root cause