Scope of work
Location: KL KLCC
Contract duration: 2 years
• Responsible for all process/ non-process piping and pipe supports design and construction on onshore facilities including scope outside battery limit (tie-in with others’ facilities, etc.) during FEED and EPCC.
• Participate and fulfill the technical requirements of the piping part along with the tendering process from the project strategy, shortlist until RTA.
• Lead the engineering contractor team to complete the piping tasks during the conceptual, designed basis and Request for Quotation (RFQ) of the long lead items for EPCC package.
• Responsible to the overall design of onshore gas plant and equipment layout interfacing with the requirement from other discipline i.e. pipeline, safety, material handling, operation and maintenance.
• Participate in HAZID, HAZOP and PTR as piping engineer focal point.
• Oversee/Supervise the EPCC contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, equipment/material specifications, procurement strategies, procurement packages, fabrication, test-run, installation, hook-up and pre-commissioning/commissioning.
• Prepare the procurement strategies and participate in the procurement processes to obtain the most appropriated vendors to provide their materials and services. His/her work includes the bidder list reviews, equipment/material specifications, evaluations, service orders/contracts, recommendation, vendor’s inspection and test plans (ITP), logistic and delivery.
• Monitor and appraise the performance of the contractors. Initiate and implement the corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from the project direction/requirements.
• Participate the hook-up and the commissioning work to comply with the specifications, procedures and codes/standards
• Report the progress of the work to line supervisor. Identify the problem areas and suggest the appropriated solutions/actions to line supervisor as necessary.
• Coach, motivate, and develop the junior professionals and share knowledge to team.
• Promote and ensure effective implementation of SSHE rules and engineering best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 15 years of experience in piping design and piping construction in Onshore gas plant, Refinery, Petrochemical, or the like.
- Has strongly knowledge in the engineering/design, especially the piping material selection, piping components, pipe support, stress analysis, corrosion/erosion, painting, welding, QA/QC, construction, PDMS and piping codes & standards
- Familiar with piping design code and standard and related software e.g. Caesar
- Extensive experience in detailed equipment layout design, 3D model review incorporating piping design, operation and maintenance requirement.
- Experienced in engineering, fabrication, pre-commissioning and commissioning of piping component.
- Experienced in high H2S and high CO2 gas contents including the design of CRA material i.e. Inconel
- Experienced in high temperature / high pressure (HPHT) facilities is an advantage
- Good command of written and spoken English.