Scope of work
Employment Type: Full-time, Single Status
About the Company:
Our client is a leading engineering company in the Oil and Gas industry, providing innovative solutions to various offshore and onshore projects. They are currently looking for an experienced Static Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Singapore for a topside FPSO project in the detail engineering phase.
The Static Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and execution of static mechanical systems for the topside FPSO project. The candidate must have previous experience in the oil and gas industry with at least one project involving FPSO or offshore platform like CPF. The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with other engineers and stakeholders to deliver high-quality results on time and within budget.
• Develop detailed static mechanical design and engineering specifications based on project requirements
• Conduct analysis and simulation of static mechanical systems to ensure compliance with industry standards and specifications
• Ensure the compatibility of all static mechanical systems with other engineering disciplines such as piping, structural, and electrical
• Prepare static mechanical equipment specifications and ensure compliance with project requirements
• Conduct static mechanical design calculations and modeling
• Liaise with project stakeholders, vendors, and contractors to ensure compliance with project schedules and budgets
• Conduct site surveys and participate in offshore site visits as required
• Provide technical support to other engineering teams as required
• Ensure all work is performed safely, efficiently and in compliance with all relevant safety and quality standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry with at least one project involving FPSO or offshore platform like CPF
• Solid understanding of static mechanical engineering principles, standards, and codes (e.g. API, ASME, etc.)
• Experience in the use of relevant static mechanical software such as Caesar II, PV Elite, and FEA tools
• Familiarity with offshore safety and environmental regulations
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with other disciplines
• Willingness to travel offshore as required.