Scope of work
Job Description: Senior Piping Engineer (PMC Project)
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: 6 months during FEED (Front-End Engineering Design), followed by 3 years if FID (Final Investment Decision) to proceed with EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction)
Our company is a leading project management consultancy (PMC) firm specializing in the execution of large-scale energy projects. We are currently seeking a highly experienced and skilled Senior Piping Engineer to join our team for an upcoming onshore LNG plant project in Jakarta. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in the project's success by providing technical expertise, managing piping engineering activities, and ensuring compliance with industry standards and project requirements.
1. Lead and supervise the piping engineering team, providing guidance, technical support, and mentorship to junior engineers.
2. Review and analyze project specifications, drawings, and design documents to ensure compliance with client requirements, codes, and standards.
3. Develop piping engineering deliverables, including piping and equipment layouts, isometrics, stress analysis, material specifications, and construction specifications.
4. Collaborate with other engineering disciplines (process, mechanical, civil, etc.) to coordinate and integrate piping design activities.
5. Perform technical evaluations of equipment and materials, ensuring compliance with project specifications and industry standards.
6. Participate in design reviews, hazard and operability studies, and other project-related meetings.
7. Provide technical input and support during the procurement process, including the preparation of technical bid evaluations and vendor document reviews.
8. Conduct site visits and liaise with construction teams to address any piping-related issues, providing technical guidance and solutions as needed.
9. Ensure adherence to project schedules, budgets, quality standards, and HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) requirements.
10. Monitor and report on the progress of piping engineering activities, identifying potential risks and proposing mitigation measures.
11. Support project management in the preparation of progress reports, change orders, and other project documentation.
1. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
2. Minimum of 10 years of overall experience in piping engineering, with at least 5 years of experience in EPC projects.
3. Extensive experience in onshore LNG plant projects is essential.
4. Experience in shipbuilding projects such as FLNG (Floating LNG), FSRU (Floating Storage and Regasification Unit), or FPSO (Floating Production, Storage, and Offloading) is highly desirable.
5. Strong knowledge of international codes and standards related to piping design and construction, such as ASME B31.3, API 650, etc.
6. Proficient in using piping design software (e.g., AutoCAD, Caesar II, PDMS, etc.) and familiar with 3D modeling tools.
7. Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate a team.
8. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders.
9. Proactive and results-oriented mindset, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and deliver high-quality work under pressure.
10. Familiarity with project management methodologies and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.