Scope of work
Senior Process Engineer (Onshore LNG Plant) - PMC Project
We are seeking a highly experienced Senior Process Engineer for a PMC (Project Management Consultancy) project based in Jakarta. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing expertise and guidance in the field of process engineering, specifically in the context of onshore LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) plants. The project involves the Front End Engineering Design (FEED) phase initially, with the potential for a further three-year engagement during the EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) phase, contingent upon Final Investment Decision (FID).
1. Provide technical leadership and support in the area of process engineering for the onshore LNG plant project.
2. Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to ensure the successful execution of the project, adhering to project timelines, quality standards, and client requirements.
3. Participate in the development and review of FEED documents, including PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams), P&IDs (Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams), process simulations, equipment specifications, and data sheets.
4. Conduct technical analyses and evaluations to optimize process design, troubleshoot issues, and recommend solutions.
5. Ensure compliance with industry codes, standards, and regulatory requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
6. Perform process safety assessments, HAZOP (Hazard and Operability) studies, and assist in the development of safety procedures and risk mitigation strategies.
7. Provide technical input during procurement activities, including the evaluation of vendor proposals and equipment selection.
8. Support the development of project deliverables, such as technical reports, design basis documents, and progress reports.
9. Mentor and guide junior engineers, promoting knowledge sharing and professional development within the team.
1. Minimum of 5 years of experience in process engineering within EPC projects, preferably in the field of onshore LNG plants.
2. Demonstrated experience in the design, operation, and optimization of onshore LNG facilities, including process units, liquefaction systems, storage tanks, and utilities.
3. Familiarity with shipbuilding projects involving FLNG (Floating LNG), FSRU (Floating Storage and Regasification Unit), or FPSO (Floating Production, Storage, and Offloading) is advantageous.
4. Strong knowledge of process simulation software, such as HYSYS, PRO/II, or Aspen Plus, and proficiency in process engineering tools and techniques.
5. Understanding of relevant international codes and standards, such as API, ASME, and NFPA, as well as regulatory requirements specific to onshore LNG plants.
6. Experience in conducting process safety assessments, HAZOP studies, and familiarity with risk management practices.
7. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, clients, and stakeholders.
8. Proven track record in delivering projects on time and within budget.
9. Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
Note: The position is initially for a 6-month duration during the FEED phase, with the possibility of extending to a further 3-year engagement during the EPC phase, depending on the Final Investment Decision (FID).