Scope of work
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type: Permanent Role
1. Lead a team of piping designers and 3D modellers and draftmen; Report to Senor Piping Engineer or Section Head;.
2. Provide and review the bidding proposals for tendering projects incl. technical clarifications, etc;
3. Carry out the concept design, FEED design, FEED verification or detail design on piping discipline;
4. Issue the piping discipline MDR / Schedule and manage the manpower cost;
5. Review Piping material specifications, standards, piping material classes, generate the UFD /PFD/PIDs and related technical reports;
6. Issue Piping bulk, valve & specialty items related MTO/RFQ/TBE/PO as well as comment on Supplier documents and drawings;
7. Prepare the Piping GA and Pipe Supports GA , understand to use the outputs from pipe stress analysis and other pipe hydraulic calculations;
8. Attend technical meetings with client and EPC contractor to resolve piping design issues and interface matters;
9. Closeout the actions from design review and safety study workshops, incl. HAZID/HAZOP, 3D model review, material handling review, regulatory compliance workshop, etc;
1. Minimum 4 years marine & offshore design relevant working experiences.
2. Degree of mechanical or oil & gas process engineering discipline.
3. Proven experience in conversion and new build of FPSO/FSO/FPU/MOPU hull & marine design at least for 2 projects.
4. Familiar with classification rules and regulations such as DNV/ABS/BV, etc.
5. Familiar with ASME/API/ISO/MARPOL/NORSOK/NACE / DIN / SOLAS and other international standards for design.
6. Knowledge of PipeNET / Flow Master / Caesar II ; proficient in Navisworks E3D / SP3D and Aveva Diagram, etc.
7. Excellent communication, coordination and interpersonal skills.
8. Decisive, independent and good attitude.
9. Good capabilities in speaking and writing English and able to speak Mandarin (preferable).
10. Willing to travel regionally and outstation in design office or shipyard (i.e SEA, China, etc.) as and when required by project.