Scope of work
This position requires the package engineer to be responsible as package custodian to their designated package handling with the minimum below expectation and covering Rotating, Package and Static.
1. Review of project specification
2. Generation of MR (material requisition)
3. Generation of Required Specifications or compilations of Required Specifications
4. Generation of Required Data Sheets and compilations of required data
5. Generation of listed international code and standard
6. Generation of listed country regulatory
7. Check and Review require requirement for packages
8. Review of Vendor Technical Proposal consist of all aspect engineering, QA/ QC,
HSE, Project Control and Delivery inclusive assistance of SCM.
9. Kick Off Meeting
10. Review of Vendor Documents
11. Liaison of Vendor and Company
12. Single focal point for designated packages.
13. In control of vendor Proarc and EDMS
14. In control of vendor SDL
15. Weekly update of vendor submission progress and package delivery.
16.Ensuring that the design meet the project needs economically and within the
17. Need to understand the needs of project team having the design suit for purpose.
18. Always be mindful of maintenance and operability of all equipment’s meeting the
operations safety and requirements.
19. Liaison between internal clients i.e. process/ layout/ electrical/ instrument and
structural. Ensuring interfaces are meet.
He or she will or may need to performed as independent to ensure the following also, as part of his/ her job function:
1. Meeting the Client Minimum requirement
2. Meeting the International Standard and Codes
He or she is expected to hold a confident level that can make his/ her owned decisions on any upcoming issue with the guidance and approval of the supervisor except for the issues that impact the company commercial and integrity which will require his/ her to approach and seek supervisor advised, decisions and approval which may be consulted with the higher level management.
He or she is to expect an innovative and commercial benefit solution but not limited to look at the angle of operational needs and requirement. Engineering code and standard will be the top hierarchy to any decisions/ solutions making with approval of the supervisor. Customer focus, commercial awareness and brutal openness will be the basic fundamental. A good engineering practice shall be implemented where deem necessary.
Engineering solution and design. Package project control and management.
1. Commercial awareness (i.e. OPEX and CAPEX)
2. Meeting the ideas and concept
3. Support and assist the project leads on technical issues.
4. Provide technical advised and innovation.
Working hand in hand with peers and specialist to obtain minimum and optimum solution i.e. short term and long terms.