Scope of work
Project Type: FLNG
Location: Shanghai, offices at first and then shipyards
Duration: January 2024 until June 2026
• The Commissioning/Operations Manager will oversee the commissioning and operational phases of Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) projects, ensuring successful project execution from inception to completion.
• This role will involve managing teams, coordinating activities between various stakeholders, and ensuring compliance with project specifications and safety regulations.
• The position will initially be based in Shanghai, with responsibilities transitioning to on-site presence at shipyards during project execution.
• Manage and lead commissioning and operations teams to achieve project objectives within specified timelines and budget constraints.
• Coordinate with engineering, procurement, construction, and subcontractors to ensure smooth project execution and adherence to quality standards.
• Develop and implement commissioning plans, procedures, and protocols to ensure the safe and efficient startup of FLNG facilities.
• Oversee the preparation and execution of pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up activities, including system testing, equipment checks, and performance verification.
• Conduct risk assessments and implement mitigation strategies to minimize project delays and cost overruns.
• Monitor project progress, identify deviations from plans, and implement corrective actions as necessary to ensure project milestones are met.
• Interface with client representatives, regulatory authorities, and third-party inspectors to address project requirements and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
• Provide technical support and guidance to project teams, resolving technical issues and facilitating knowledge transfer between departments.
• Foster a culture of safety, quality, and continuous improvement within the project team, promoting best practices and ensuring adherence to HSE policies and procedures.
• Prepare regular progress reports, presentations, and documentation for project stakeholders, highlighting key achievements, challenges, and areas for improvement.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in commissioning and operations management, with a focus on FLNG, FPSO, or FSO projects.
• Proven track record of successfully managing large-scale projects from commissioning through to operational phases.
• Strong technical knowledge of FLNG systems, equipment, and processes, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders.
• Proficiency in project management tools and techniques, including scheduling, budgeting, and risk management.
• Familiarity with international codes, standards, and regulations governing the oil and gas industry, particularly related to offshore operations.
• Fluent in English; proficiency in Mandarin preferred.
• Willingness to travel and work onsite at shipyards during project execution.
• Strong commitment to safety, quality, and environmental stewardship.