Scope of work
- Location: Madagascar
- Duration: one year (renewable)
Your main responsibilities
The Painting Supervisor will be working under a program implemented to bring our client's assets and plant to acceptable structural integrity and corrosion degradation level by managing both CAPEX and OPEX (Maintenance) in terms of structural repairs and painting activities. He/She will report to the Corrosion Program Superintendent.
He/She will be responsible for the execution in scope, time, quality, and schedule of the painting program. He/She will coordinate painting workshop activities and field execution with internal painters and contractors.
The main responsibilities are the following:
- Supervise the painting team in order to make sure the new works and maintenance works related to painting are performed as per specifications
- Be the interface with site managers and the Program Superintendent
- Be in charge of the activities in terms of safety, quality, progress, routine inspection, and reporting. To directly supervise Contractor for all works related to the said activities
- Define existing backlog activities related to painting, establish work organization, and schedule for backlog recovery.
- Organize works by priority
- Prepare Work Permit or other required documents
- Ensure that the resources (personnel, equipment, consumables, others) and organization are suitable to the ongoing and scheduled workloads
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date activity follow-up tables (progress, others)
- Regular reporting highlighting progress, and critical problems if any
- Keep a close link to Coating Engineer
- Share and encourage good industrial practices related to the disciplines under his/her responsibility
- Assure that Local regulations, Client rules, Standards, and Safety procedures are respected during the project
- Ensure safe working practices are carried out by the team and Contractor
- Promote safety awareness and safe performance among Production group, including Contractor personnel
- Ensure the quality of the work performed.
- Follow-up of all painting activities, up to work completion and perform routine QC inspection including consumables and materials received in the workshop, with QAQC Internal Coating Inspector support.
- Review Contractor’s planning (if applicable), and progress reports for all the activities related to painting, highlighting critical problems if any.
Training / Certification:
- International or trade certification for a spray painter
- NACE Level 2 / FROSIO Level 2 or above
- Rope access certification (IRATA 1 and 2) would be ideal
Languages : Fluency in French and in English
- At least 5 years in painting works in an industrial environment
- Working on large operations and in Brownfield environments
- Experience in working at height / Rope access / Scaffolding
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a supervisory job position
- Familiar with safely handling solvents and chemicals
- Able to blend paint and adjust paint guns and systems
- Expertise in utilizing various spray painting tools and equipment such as pressure pots, airless spray guns, hoses, nozzles, gauges, cup guns, paint gun cleaner units, protective spray painting equipment
- Aptitude in using various hand tools, including wrenches, pliers, hammers
- Maintenance and up-keeping of spray painting tools and equipment
- Expertise in reading Wet Film Thickness Gauge as well as reading and interpreting Product Data Sheets
- Can identify and correct paint defects
- Can adhere to work Instructions and clean paint equipment
- Able to work in confined spaces and at various heights to execute their job tasks
- Knowledge of Surface preparation technologies
- Team Player: cooperate with others on the team, executing assigned tasks and contributing to group efforts as needed
- Training national workers is essential
- Order spare parts as and when required
Join us at easy skill
Easy Skill is changing the way we work. We supercharge teams around the world and transform people into a competitive advantage. With the right people power, anything is possible.
We align technical project needs with the world's best talent. We've completed over 584 assignments to date and counting. We connect the right people, skills, and knowledge with the right projects to shape a better future.
Joining the Easy Skill crew is signing up for the adventure of a lifetime. We help our candidates realize their career ambitions and transcend borders. We serve global leaders across a variety of industries such as mining, energy, construction, oil and gas, industrial, and defense sectors.