Scope of work
• Direct Report to Head of Business Development (Malaysia)
• Function Report to Deputy Head of Solar C&I (South East Asia).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for business development on Solar C&I market segment, proposing and implementing the complete marketing, commercial strategy and the related business plan to develop business get internal committee approvals and execute Solar C&I projects in Malaysia.
• Responsible for secured solar C&I projects annual revenue and profitability targets in Malaysia
• Responsible to initiate and drive technical, financial and legal discussions, to establish Solar C&I energy supply proposals and to secure renewable solar energy supply profitable contracts with customers,
• Responsible for monitoring Solar C&I contract operations KPI and customer’s satisfaction,
• Responsible to gather market intelligence related to competitor’s activities within the power purchase and outright marketplace
• Leading role in marketing, commercial and technical activities, supported for technical, legal, financial matters.
• Represent the Company for all Solar C&I project, both small scale and larger scale developments for the variety of business models offered by the company.
• Build network and maintain relationships with industrial/commercial customers, Solar C&I energy-related engineering, contractors and equipment suppliers,
• Identify, prospect and work towards securing customers for the range of solar C&I solutions (i.e energy, renewable energy certificates, etc)
• Update on salesforce and maintain strong pipeline for execution. Prepare weekly and monthly sales report,
• Liaise with Malaysian Authorities, energy utilities and Government Agencies for marketing, infrastructure development and project authorization, licenses, etc…
• Organize, setup and implement commercial and marketing promotion activities : conferences, company and Solar C&I energy supply & services capabilities presentations,
• Initiate and coordinate customers’ visits & walk-in for Solar C&I energy feasibility assessment. Organize the survey, background checks of customers, analysis of customers Solar C&I energy and service needs, prepare and issue technical feasibility reports,
• Prepare and possibly present business opportunities for approval by the investment committees.
• Define objectives, develop and present, in liaison with the regional energy development team (technical, financial and legal) the Solar C&I energy supply solutions proposals to customers after internal advance notice and investment committees milestones,
• Establish, refine, negotiate renewable solar energy supply solutions and prepare binding proposals to customers matching the Company technical-financial capabilities, health-safety and profitability requirements
• Seek internal approvals through management committees.
• Negotiate and Finalize renewable solar energy supply contracts, define operation service operation KPI’s, assist the renewable solar project management until startup, handover of the project to operation & maintenance section,
• Work closely with project management team and operations and maintenance team to develop costing structures for target projects by the candidate
• Monitor Solar C&I energy supply solutions’ customer satisfaction and the signed Solar C&I energy supply contracts technical performance, and financial profitability.
• Minimum education on Bachelor of engineering, Master of Engineering Degree.
• Experience between 6 to 8 years in Industry, engineering or supplier companies involving energy efficiency, Solar C&I and M&E systems and equipment.
• Experience as Business development or Commercial-sales manager more than 3 years.
• Experience in commercial development in Energy Solar C&I segment engineering services, solar equipment manufacturer service provider or developer.
• Knowledge about energy efficiency engineering, project financing, services contracts components.
• Ability to self-use software for presentation and project computing: power point, excel spreadsheets. SEDA GCPV certification if available will be an advantage
• Sales oriented with strong network on potential clients to close deal within 6 months or project in pipeline to carry resources to us.
• Malaysia, Selangor.