Scope of work
• Develop engineering documents in a manner that the design intent can be interpreted correctly
• Complete tasks in compliance with applicable engineering codes, industry standards/regulations, and work procedures
• Proactively provide Discipline Lead with status updates, highlight concerns as they arise, and prioritize assigned activities to meet key milestones
• Network with stakeholders to serve as a source of support in executing project deliverables; ensure proactive two-way communication
• Produce consistent/ organized documents in a well-structured format to clearly convey the required information.
• Coordinate with vendors, subcontractors, third party consultants, etc. to ensure timely review of documents and that comments are made with the required quality level
• Provide timely and accurate input to other disciplines in support of their design requirements and project deliverables
• Ensure activities and deliverables are completed with consistency and quality and in compliance with applicable codes, standards and regulations.
• 5 to 15 years of working experience in structural engineering and design.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision to produce a structural design from concept to the detailed design phase, produce structural sketches and manual calculations where required, check construction drawings, and review vendor package documents.
• Have excellent fundamental knowledge of structural analysis theory with a clear understanding of the structural behavior/ response under various loading conditions.
• Familiar with the latest AISC, API, ABS, DNVGL codes, and standards.
• Experience with the latest structural analysis and design software such as SACS.
Contract length: 8 Months (Renewable)