Scope of work
Coordinate all estimating activities on assigned project(s). Exercise a strong working knowledge of home office services, field indirects, and craft labor using a background of diversified experience and familiarity with typical project controls tools. Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, engineering drawings and specifications.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of estimates in accordance with the approved procedure for all phases of the works from the agreed engineering deliverables to the appropriate level of accuracy, on a timely and cost effective basis.
- Receive the engineering estimate from the lead/project engineer for each modification/addition and incorporate into the overall estimate for all phases of the work.
- Reviews takeoffs provided by the Engineering Department and checks for mathematical and technical accuracy.
- Prepare rationale statements to support the estimate identifying areas of weakness and or areas of risk.
- Carry out validation and verification of the estimates using high level norms and by comparing with previous estimates, outcome costs and vendor prices.
- Monitor current competitive prices, new techniques and cost trends.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, prepare, review and present cost engineering and cost estimating products with minimal supervision.
- Reviews contractual documents and modifications to determine scope of work and scope of changes.
- Accumulates, evaluates, and documents historical cost data and construction procedures and methods in order to maintain current estimating standards and data bases.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have minimum 10 years experience in oil & gas / petrochemical / energy or resources industries.
- Must have minimum 5 years experience in Cost Estimating.
- Sound knowledge of engineering design and construction practices.
- Good team player.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Professional competency level of English is mandatory.
Contract length: 8 Months (Renewable)