Scope of work
1) Lead the structural design of various components on the FLNG facility, including hull structures, topsides, and mooring systems, in accordance with industry standards and regulations.
2) Conduct advanced structural analysis using specialized software and techniques to assess the behavior of the FLNG facility under various environmental conditions, such as waves, wind, and seismic forces.
3) Collaborate with materials engineers to select appropriate materials for the FLNG's harsh offshore environment, considering factors like corrosion resistance, weight efficiency, and durability.
4) Manage the structural engineering aspects of the FLNG project, including developing project specifications, schedules, and budgets, while ensuring timely delivery.
5) Implement rigorous quality control and inspection procedures during construction and fabrication to ensure that all structural components meet design specifications and safety standards.
6) Work closely with multidisciplinary teams, including naval architects, mechanical engineers, and construction managers, to integrate structural designs into the overall FLNG facility.
7) Ensure that all structural designs and construction activities comply with international maritime and offshore regulations, as well as industry best practices.
8) Identify potential risks and challenges related to structural integrity and propose mitigation strategies to maintain the safety and reliability of the FLNG facility.
9) Prepare comprehensive engineering reports, technical drawings, and calculations, maintaining accurate project documentation and records.
1) Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited institution.
2) Professional Engineer (PE) license or the ability to obtain one.
3) Minimum 7 years of experience in structural engineering, with a strong background in offshore or marine projects, preferably in the FLNG sector.
4) Proficiency in specialized software for structural analysis and design (e.g., SACS, ABAQUS, etc.).
5) Thorough knowledge of offshore construction materials, corrosion protection methods, and design standards.
6) Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail, especially in the context of offshore structures.
7) Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate with a diverse team of experts.
8) Ability to manage complex projects, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing project requirements.